Thursday, March 21, 2013

Irish Adventures: Part I

I have a habit when traveling of not adhering to a plan. This doesn't bother me at all; rather I very much prefer it to having a set game plan. But for some people this can be irritating, deplorable, or simply baffling. Think what you will, freedom to maneuver is a very important thing for me to have.
Sitting in the terminal in the Copenhagen airport, and even more so after boarding my flight, I was particularly glad not to have locked myself into my initial idea of spending the weekend and holiday in Dublin. The plane was probably close to 1/3 full of my students. So I decided on the spot to take a brief sprint around the city in the morning and then hie me down to Cork. From all reports it is a significantly less touristy place, at least on St. Patrick's Day. So here's what I saw of Dublin, or at least what I took pictures of.
I would absolutely eat here. 
That's right, I saw Temple Bar. On my next trip I'll actually make it inside!
I may be wrong, but I think this is Trinity College. Either way, it's very pretty.
After my very rapid jaunt, it was onto a bus and of to Cork. I'd had an invitation from an acquaintance to head down there for the festivities, and to explore the countryside a bit. And I must say, it was a fantastic decision.
I got to ride past this.
And hang out in this adorable town.
Not to mention, ride this majestic creature.
More on the adventure soon. Unfortunately I'm going to have to drag out the first day of my visit for a few posts, since I stupidly neglected to bring enough batteries for my camera and it died relatively early on. Most annoying. But you're going to have to trust me when I say it was sunny the entire time I was there- not a drop of rain. For spring in Ireland, I hear that's almost unheard of.

No comments:

Post a Comment