Sunday, May 19, 2013

Who Says You Can't Go Home

Quoting Bon Jovi is oddly appropriate here. There's a sentence I never thought I'd say. But yeah- Bon Jovi, New Jersey, the place that I live- get it? Super clever.
Anyway, I know it's long overdue, but I'm finally getting around to posting about my trip home. I just want to share some pictures from the place I'm lucky to call my home.
Time for a walk in the woods.
A beautiful lake, in New Jersey.
Impossible you say? False. There's more to this place than the shore.
Going home reminds me exactly how much I love nature and miss being near it. Distance from real wilderness is the biggest bummer about living in Copenhagen. Denmark is not exactly the most rugged country in the world.
Apparently fishing without a permit has been illegal for quite some time.
Looks like a nice place for a picnic.
Probably the oddest thing to experience going home is the propensity for for small talk. It's oddly alarming when a cashier starts a conversation with you. Monetary transactions here follow a set script. Cashiers tell you your total, ask if you want a receipt, and that's it. Occasionally you'll get a 'have a good day' or a 'have a nice weekend', but those are only for special occasions.
A little piece of Kinnelon history. There are initials on this tree from the 60s.
It's crazy the ease with which it's possible to slide back into life at home, just like you never left. Going home feels like the most natural thing in the world. I highly recommend it.
Last but not least, some of my wonderful family. Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment