Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Just Beachy

Feeling adventurous, and in the mood for swimming, I decided to bike out to the beach on the island of Amager. This island is still technically part of the city of København, so shockingly, the beach wasn't too hard to find. In fact, I only got lost once. Granted that one time, I found myself biking full speed towards the unwelcoming gates of what I think was a cement factory, but I managed to correct my course in time. 
Roughly 11 kilometers later, I found myself in Amager Strandpark. It was pretty majestic. The weather definitely contributed to this, going from beautifully sunny, to ominously dark and rainy, right back to bright sunshine.
On one side of the beach, the bridge to Malmo, Sweden.
The calm after the storm.
On the other side, an off-shore wind farm.
I found a jellyfish. 
And another artsy shot of the windmills.
Note: The pictures look a lot better if you click on them. Especially the one of the bridge

No comments:

Post a Comment