Saturday, September 4, 2010

Walking Tour

Happy Labor Day Weekend! Today I decided to go on relaxing meander around the city. And by 'relaxing meander' I mean 'whirlwind walking tour'. Went to Kastellet- a fort built in the 1600s by King Christian IV. This was definitely only the first of many excursions that will be made to that park.
Tried to sketch this statue. Twas difficult.
It's a beautiful park, right on the water. And the weather was definitely in my favor today. For all the horror stories I've been told about weeks upon weeks of rain, I have thus far failed to see any cause for alarm.

Walked out to the end of the pier past Kastellet. From there you can see numerous cruise ships in dock, as well as the off-shore wind farm.
The green-ness of this country is unbelievable.
 The views were definitely worth the 6 mile round-trip walk. Plus it gave me a bunch of ideas for future excursions. All in all, an excellent use of time.
The vista from the pier.



1 comment:

  1. it looks so pretty! you're so close to the water; i'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete