Sunday, September 26, 2010

Running With the Vikings

One thing I'd like to say for the Danes as a whole is that they seem to be very fitness conscious. In other words, they're people after my own heart. As a result of this there is an entire area, known as the lakes that is entirely dedicated to runners and couples who want somewhere to go and romantically gaze out at some water with swans in it. 
This is actually the park that I run through to get to the lakes, but it's pretty nice too.
The lakes are what remain of the moat that used to surround and protect the medieval city of København. They have now been converted into a sort of park area that offers almost unlimited potential for running loops of all lengths. 

I don't run with a camera, for obvious reasons, so I apologize for the lack of pictures today.
A fun note: pop some headphones in and start running down the street and everyone will automatically assume you're a local and know everything there is to know about the city. I can't even begin to count the times that I've been stopped for directions by people while I'm waiting at a traffic light. And the great thing is, at this point, due to my extensive explorations, I can generally help them out. Which is a great feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment