Friday, October 19, 2012

Don't Count On It

On Tuesday, we played Bingo (or as it's called in here, 'Banko') in Danish class. I also received the highest praise I've gotten since arriving here in the land of the Danes; I was told me my counting and pronunciation of numbers was excellent. Since this obviously makes me an expert on the subject, I'm going to attempt to teach you to count, Danish style.
 
Up to 20 things are pretty simple:
 
1: en (ain)
2: to (toe)
3: tre (tray)
4: fire (feeyuh)
5: fem (fem)
6: seks (seks)
7: syv (soo)
8: otte (oh-deh)
9: ni (nee)
10: ti (tee)
11: eleve (elv-eh)
12: tolv (tull)
13: tretten (tratten)
14: fjorten (fyawten)
15: femten (femten)
16: seksten (seksten)
17: sytten (sooden)
18: atten (atten)
19: nitten (
20: tyve (too OR tooveh)

That's all for now folks- wouldn't want to overload you. Now go out and get counting!
And now, a completely gratuitous picture of the Tuborg Brewery.

No comments:

Post a Comment