Saturday, October 6, 2012

Getting Down in Stockholm

I’d like to start out with an apology for not updating this earlier. I’ve just returned from a week’s frolicking around northern Europe with a group of students. And by that I mean that I was leading a study tour to Tallinn (Estonia) and Stockholm (Sweden). And lucky for you, I have plenty of stories. Hopefully this will make up for my extended silence. Be forewarned that I will be skipping around a bit and not necessarily writing about everything I did/saw in chronological order.
______________________
That being said, I’m going to start out with what was one of the highlights of the trip for me. This way all of you can get your seething jealousy out of the way early.

Yesterday an exhibit opened at the Hallywyl Museum in Stockholm. Big deal you say? FALSE. It was an exhibit of the real live costumes from Downton Abbey. I was in heaven, even though there were only 20 or so of them on display. I’m not going to detract from the effect of this post by prattling on incessantly, so here are some pictures:
Mrs. Patmore and a maid.
Lady Mary and the Dowager Countess.
Carson.
Lady Mary and the Countess again. Things that would greatly improve my life include a life-sized cutout of Lord Grantham.
Sibyl's nurse outfit.
Lady Grantham and two other dinner gowns. I forget whose they are.
Mrs. Hughes.
Two Lady Marys and a black dress.
And one more Lady Mary for good measure.
 
 In the interest of time, there will be no Word of the Day for the next few posts. Apologies.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment