Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Packing, Part I

Icelandair, the airline which will have the pleasure of transporting me to and from my temporary home in Copenhagen, allows travelers to bring two checked bags and a carry-on item. This sounds great, especially when you realize this means you get to bring a grand total of 113 lbs of junk with you.


Or it sounded great until I realized this would then require me to wrestle large awkward objects that weighing almost as much as me through unfamiliar airports and city streets. Obviously that wouldn't be the most auspicious or enjoyable start to an adventure. Forget the two bag + carry-on idea. I'll be limiting myself to one bag and a backpack. This affords me 50 lbs of clothes, shoved into a bag, the total dimensions of which cannot exceed 62 inches. And of course a backpack full of everything that didn't fit in there, I don't want damaged, and doesn't have a blade on it.


Well this should be fun eh? Time to make a packing list...



No comments:

Post a Comment