Monday, August 30, 2010

Blending In

Everyone will no doubt be overjoyed to know that, aside from the trifling matter of something called a 'language barrier', I am now completely indistinguishable from the Danes. That's right ladies and girls, boys and men; I have purchased A BIKE.


It's not a nice bike. In fact it's fairly hideous. And was designed for a teenage girl. But, it's not pink and it gets me from Point A to Point B faster than any other transportation available inside the city. And that means freedom. 


To inaugurate my proud new purchase, I went and sat across the canal from here:


The Royal Library aka The Black Diamond.
And drew this not-very-good picture of the city skyline.
My poor effort at the Black Diamond and assorted buildings. The spire in the background is Chrisiansborg Palace.
I love the juxtaposition of ancient and modern in Copenhagen. History and evolution side by side, somehow coexisting in a remarkably beautiful way. I also made friends with this chappie:
My buddy Frank.

No comments:

Post a Comment