Monday, November 22, 2010

Yule Preparations: The Beginning

I thought Christmas decorations went up early in the U.S. of A. but let me tell you, Europe has about two weeks lead on us. Beginning last week lights, garlands and trees were going up around town. At this point Copenhagen is a veritable Christmas Wonderland; all it needs is snow. 


This festivity also seems to serve a practical purpose. Rather than dreading four o'clock and the accompanying pitch darkness, we look forward to it, excited to see the city all lit up. Forget Seasonal Affective Disorder- try Seasonal Festive Disorder. Also, the overwhelming Christmas-iness of everything has had the added bonus of getting me in the mood for gift hunting and as a result I've started my Christmas shopping record settingly early. Great success!
"Yule In Nyhavn"
Merry Christmas to all!

No comments:

Post a Comment